Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Coloured Glass

Spent most of today Glassing. Generally I'm adding colour to the resin with tints and pigments. It can get sticky, its a fumy job, but its one I enjoy.

I love how the colours react with each other, I love how you have to think things through before you start... plan a course of action. And I like that once the catalyst goes in the resin... you are fully committed to that course of action - for better or worse.

There is a lot that can go wrong. Recently I mistimed a glass job and the resin gelled in the pot when I was half-way through. I got the glass down but there was some air around the lap. I ended up making the customer a completely new board... and that log will become my new board shortly.

But when everythings timed right and comes together its a nice feeling.

Pics: Angela Raab

No comments:

Post a Comment